Estranged

Sunday, September 28, 2008

For the majority or my life my relationship with my parents has always been strained. I'm not going to put the blame solely on them, but I will say that they have always been the adults and I have always been the child... Now that I am older I have forced a relationship with my mother. Abandoning all the pain and anger she produced during my childhood. I learned that as an adult I may need her. Not as much as before, but I know that I do need her support. Through time she has learned from a few of her mistakes from the past, but will always miss the most important points. And I can live with that, so I just ignore her shortcomings because I know I have mine and try to create a bond based on more than false hopes. But when It comes to my father... He has and forever will be on my shit list. He simply doesn't acknowledge our blood relation and paternal bond that I thought a daughter is supposed to have with her father. When a man mentally abuses and berates a defenseless woman on a daily basis it is unacceptable, but when a man does that to a child it's... You get the point. When I look at my father I don't see a man that raised me, but a man that made my childhood an obstacle I had to overcome, for my sanity. Luckily, I made it through, but these days he and I are estranged. And until he can own up to his undeniable faults and approach me like an adult, then that's all we'll be. It's sad but true. I'm not as naive as I look...

0 comments:

Blog Family & Recent Viewers

Damn Shame...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP